Adventures

This blog will be mainly about my children, family and friends.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Drew's newest interest!



Drew loves wrestling now. He reminds me of how I used to act when it came on Saturday mornings. My sister and I never missed it. But man, how it has changed! When we first started watching wrestling, it was called Georgia Championship Wrestling. Now it is Raw, Smackdown, or something silly like that. I can remember working at ASC and my former boss and the secretary would talk about it for hours. I used to think they were silly but then again, I did go see some matches in person, so who really was silly? Ok, yes, it was them but anyway...

I mean, who are these guys? Johnny Nitro? Stupid name!

Now, this guy, not so bad.

Today's stars just don't seem to have the same appeal. I can remember hating the Four Horsemen. Especially Lex Lugar and Ric Flair (Woooo)!


Nice fake blood!

Sad thing is...this fool is STILL wrestling! Dude, hang it up!



I absolutely loved the Rock and Roll Express. Ricky Morton was awesome! Funny, back in the early 90's I was at Robby's and Ricky was in there after a match at the Huntington Civic Center. I asked for his autograph and he gave me his room number. I still have it and will pull it out for a laugh!

Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson


But this guy, he just doesn't impress me!

Scotty Too Hotty

Here are some of MY favorites! I didn't like the Freebirds...they were the "bad guys".

The Freebirds


I can remember thinking this guy was HOT!

Wildfire Tommy Rich

You gotta love the American Dream!

Dusty Rhodes

I really liked Sting, until he went to "The Crow"/gothic look.

4 Comments:

At 2:39 PM , Blogger The Film Geek said...

Ric Flair doesn't use fke blood...check out his forehead! It is cut all to hell...the guy made a living blading himself like no other wrestler ever! Fake blood my behind...

Yeah, Georgia Championship, the NWA and Mid-South wrestling were better than today's crap. Which is why I talked about it for hours.

 
At 10:15 AM , Blogger The Film Geek said...

For the love of God, please start adding links to your site! Figure out how to add them with the EDIT ME feature!I need more traffic, baby! More!

Also, add the site meter to the blog. You can tell where people looking at it are from.

 
At 12:42 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Good blog, Kelly. I love me some wrestling....but I'm wondering where Chief Wahoo McDaniel is on your list!

I remember the Rock and Roll Express doing the scaffold match with the Midnight Express and Jim Cornette dropping to the ring. Good stuff.

By the way, you do need to edit your links, and put my blog on your page, dammitt!

Old School NWA forever....
new NWATNA Never!!!

 
At 12:07 PM , Blogger Jana said...

Time for an update!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home