Adventures

This blog will be mainly about my children, family and friends.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Anyone who knows Reagan...

knows you cannot take your eyes off of her...for a second! Wednesday night Reagan and I were home, quiet evening, enjoying ourselves. She asked if she could play in her sandbox, it was nice outside, so I said, "sure, but do not leave this area".


I was in our sunroom where I could look out the window to see her and I could hear her playing. Just let me say, I made a bad decision! After a few minutes I realized I didn't hear her so I looked out the window, then I heard the doorbell. At that moment, I knew something wasn't right. Just before I allowed her to play outside I had put a little treat for the ants that had invaded my house. I thought Reagan had outgrown the stage of putting things in her mouth...I was wrong!

I knew at that moment when the doorbell rang that Reagan had gotten into the ant poison. I asked her several times, assuring her she was not in trouble, but I needed to know if she put it in her mouth. Of course, she said no. She first said that she poured it out, but when asked where she pointed to several locations. I finally was so scared that I started crying when she gave up the truth telling me she was thirsty! I then grabbed her up and ran for the car. At this point Reagan was terrified. She was screaming crying. Damon and Drew were at the gym so I first went there to grab them...but forgot my cell phone. So did Damon. The cell phones would have come in handy while speeding down the interstate. Damon kept telling me to slow down..of course I didn't listen. Let me tell you, I would make a great race car driver or police officer in a high speed chase! You wouldn't believe the stupid people on the interstate who get in front of you when you have your flashers on speeding like a crazy person!!!!! Of course, those idiots got honked at...lights flashed at...and a special finger too! Don't they know to NOT mess with a scared mother? Anyway, we arrived at the hospital, only to have to wait. I figured that a child that swallowed poison would go back immediately. I was wrong. Some stupid kid with an ankle injury went back before Reagan. Luckily, the poison Reagan drank was very mild and the amount she took did not affect her. All the hospital/doctor did was call poison control, look in her mouth, push on her stomach and release her. Damon and I are taking bets on how much they will charge us...any guesses?

Reagan is an adventure and one I want to keep for a long time!

5 Comments:

At 10:25 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

They'll charge you at least $1000. Bastards.

 
At 5:49 PM , Blogger Jana said...

My guess is about $795.00. At least Reagan is OK!

 
At 6:39 PM , Blogger The Film Geek said...

Glad Reagan is fine.

Now, where did I put that number to CPS...?

 
At 7:24 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

75 - That is what Damon is figuring.

Jana - thanks! Reagan gave me a few more gray hairs.

Marc - I can and will kick your butt!

The sweet thing about what happened...as we were sitting in the ER, Drew looked over at me and said, "I wish I could have done something to stop her". He wasn't even there!

 
At 4:57 PM , Blogger Jana said...

Happy Mother's Day, Kelly!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home