Adventures

This blog will be mainly about my children, family and friends.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Easter weekend in Virginia

Over the easter weekend we visited Damon's brother, wife and daughter. They live on Fort Bellvoire near Washington, D.C. We had a great time. On Saturday we played beach volleyball. For those who have never visited an army base, they really are cool. They are miniature cities. Everything you could want is on the base. Anyway, back to beach volleyball...I'm still paying for it! I never exercise! I hurt everywhere from my feet to my neck on Sunday and even worse on Monday! But it was fun. We played men against women with a couple of Clay and Chrystal's friends. The women won the first two games and it went down afterwards! Well, actually, we let them win!


Chrystal, seated; Clay standing next to Chrystal, Jesse the dog, Reagan, Sean and Renee.

Prior to playing volleyball on Saturday we attended a breakfast buffet and Easter egg hunt at the Officers Club. Breakfast was a typical buffet, nothing special. The Easter egg hunt was held on the lawn in front of the club. It was a nice idea, just not well planned. Drew thinks he is too old to participate so he was bored. Reagan suddenly became bashful so she attached herself to my leg. The people responsible for the egg hunt thought it would be a good idea to have all the kids hunt eggs all at once. This scarred my daughter. All the older kids grabbed all the Easter eggs before she could get one. A nice man who saw my daughter screaming crying was generous enough to take an egg from his daughter's basket and give it to Reagan. That just wasn't good enough for Reagan. She had been to an Easter egg hunt at her daycare so she thought the only way to get candy was to get the eggs. She didn't understand that you traded in the eggs for candy and no matter how many eggs, if any, you still got candy.


This was the line they had to stand it to get some freakin' candy!

This next picture is probably my favorite just because it is so funny. Drew cannot stand to have his picture taken with his sister. Can you tell? We were across the street from Clay's house at the playground.

And finally, Reagan. She is just so darned cute. And yes, I am biased!


Oh, sorry. Just one more pic. This little boy is just the sweetest thing. His name is Sean, Jr., aka Seanbear. He has been through so much in his three years. He has a tumor behind one of his eyes, just finished months of chemo and still has such a good disposition.

3 Comments:

At 12:13 PM , Blogger The Film Geek said...

Sounds like a fun time, and the pictures were cool. I tried to vacation at a military base once, they won't let me on.

 
At 5:39 PM , Blogger Jana said...

I am so excited that I have inspired you to start a blog! I can't wait for all of the fun and interesting entries!

 
At 8:21 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

Marc, they don't allow liberals on one! : )

Jana, with Reagan I'm sure there will be plenty to choose from!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home