Adventures

This blog will be mainly about my children, family and friends.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

I'm bbbaaaaaaaaacccckkkkkkkkk!!!!

Well, I took a few months off because I was really getting frustrated with this site. It was nearly impossible to upload pictures, and that is mainly what I do on this site. So, I'm going to try again. I know you all are so excited I'm back!

I'm going to skip the pictures this time and just update you on what has been going on.

My son Drew just made the Middle School golf team. He is the only 6th grader to make it. I'm so proud. He is also playing baseball, this will be his last year in little league. THANK GOD! I have a bad taste in my mouth from LL. Some parents just kill me. I also get sick of some coaches as well. Little League has become very political too. Have you parents noticed that each coach has their child playing quarterback, shortstop, guard even if they shouldn't. Have you noticed that their child is selected to the all star teams, even if they don't deserve it? My husband coached my son's basketball team several years ago. Parents really liked him, thought he did a good job, and wanted him to coach all stars. My son wasn't the best player, by far. He was the type of kid who would get an offensive rebound under the basket and some kid would yell at him for the ball and my son would pass it to him...even if he had a better shot. Anyway, the league came to him and asked if he would coach the all stars and said that my son could be on the team if he coached. My son did not deserve to be on the team so my husband declined. Not a lot of men would do that. Now, Drew is a good baseball player. He hits very well and only made one error in the field last season. Yet he didn't make the all star team. Instead, each coach's son made it and a first year player made it. They didn't win a game. Now, I'm not saying if my son made the team they would have won a game, but Karma...it's a bitch!

This will be my daughters first year playing t-ball. I can just she her now. Some kid is going to grab the ball before her and she will kick his/her butt. That, or throw a fit.

My niece had her baby on March 11. A healthy boy weighing 7 lbs 4 oz. So, I guess that makes me a great aunt.

Well, I guess that's about it for now. I feel better now that I got the Little League rant out of my system!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home